Stoneworld Limited – Privacy Notice
Stoneworld Limited takes privacy very seriously and this notice explains how we use the personal information you provide to us in your trade account form or otherwise and that we obtain through third party sources, including how we share it with third parties.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To administer and manage our relationship with you, including to set up and maintain your trade account facility with us.
- To process orders from you for goods and services
- To deal with any enquiries we receive from you
- For the purpose of any corrective action (including a product recall) which may be required in respect of any products we supply to you
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules
- To provide you with details of our product ranges, services and promotions
- To notify you of changes to what we do
- To make checks of credit reference agencies from time to time (for example, when you complete your trade application form, or if you want to amend your credit limit)
- For the purpose of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment
In connection with the above we may disclose or share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of our trading agreement.
- To protect the rights, property and safety of Stoneworld Limited, our staff, our customers, or others
- In response to a request from a government authority (including regulator); or
- If we sell or buy any assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such assets.
If necessary for debt recovery purposes, we may also obtain additional information about you in addition to the information provided on your trade application form from credit reference agencies.
Our legal basis for these uses of your personal information may include that (a) it is necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business and or providing you with goods and services, and or (b) it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us.
Keeping in touch with you
From time to time we would also like to keep in touch with you, to provide you with details of new products and any forthcoming events that we are promoting.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have various rights under the data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to:
- Request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of your personal information;
- Request us to correct any inaccurate information;
- Request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances
- Receive your personal information in a form suitable for transmission to a third party;
- Lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioners Office
You can make a written request to us in relation to these rights at any time by contacting
Data Protection, Stoneworld Ltd., Mintsfeet Road North, Mintsfeet Ind. Est., Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 6LZ
Alternatively you can email us email@example.com
Any information to which you are entitled will be provided within a reasonable timeframe.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will keep your personal information longer than necessary, taking into account information required for the processing of your account and applicable legal requirements and limitation periods.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact us at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Data Protection, Stoneworld Ltd., Mintsfeet Road North, Mintsfeet Ind. Est., Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 6LZ.